- This event has passed.
What You Can Expect
- A 60 min lecture and 2-2.5hrs of asana practice and meditation.
- To laugh while he tells his eye opening stories loaded with practical insights.
- To engage in a sweaty fun sequence (room temp will be around 80 degrees).
- To reinvigorate your practice and/or teaching.
You do not have to be a Power Yoga disciple to love this workshop. If you’re cool with a straight-shooter than you’re guaranteed to walk away with more than you came in with.
- Date: Thursday, April 25th, 2019
- Time: 7:00pm-10:00pm
- Location: Good Medicine, 231 York St., Portland, ME 04102
- Cost: $75
If you’re from Maine, you’re in for a treat.
If you’ve never been to Maine, you too are in for a treat!
Who Is Bryan Kest?
Bryan Kest is recognized as the creator of Power Yoga. He studied Ashtanga yoga in 1979 with David Williams, the first man to bring Ashtanga to the US. Bryan entered yoga at a rich time with some of the most influential teachers in Western yoga. It was so new that when he went to India he was able study privately with Patthabi Jois and one other friend!
When Bryan came home he dove into a ten-day Goenka Vipassana meditation course which began to morph his structured Ashtanga practice into something personal, something that became Power Yoga.
Power Yoga is not solely pushing oneself on the mat but about freedom and discovery. As Bryan puts it, “What’s more powerful than gentle?”
Bryan has influenced many of the most visible yoga teachers in America. His primary objective is to teach a system of movement that fully integrates body, mind and spirit. He is an avid Vipassana mediator and pioneered the donation-based yoga system. He leads yoga classes, retreats and workshops around world, and can also be found at his home studio, Santa Monica Power Yoga.